Thursday, December 28, 2017

Découpage Ornaments

I was asked to make a store sample earlier this month for a découpage ornament. We printed out two images, the Santa and snowman. I trimmed around the images, then used Mod Podge to adhere one image to one side of the ornament. When that had dried, I flipped it over and adhered the other image. After that had dried, I added a second coating of the Mod Podge to each side, allowing time for each side to dry.

To spice it up a bit, I added Snow-Tex around the edges of the side with the snowman, and a mini white pom-pom for the ball on his hat. When that side had dried, I flipped it over and added the Snow-Tex to Santa's coat and hat. I did each side different to show people what they could do.

So here is my store sample -- Side A shows the snowman, side B the Santa.








As the owner's birthday was this month, I was also asked to make a special ornament for him. He did not make it easy on me. He was there the day I made this and the store sample. A co-worker acted as lookout for me, letting me know when he was headed towards the front of the store so I could quickly hide it. Both he and his wife loved it!






No comments: