Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Creative Endeavors

Although I have about a half dozen articles in the works, I haven't managed to complete any of them to my satisfaction this week. Some days (months) are like that. When the writing is hot, you can find yourself working for hours without realizing it's been that long. When it's not...well, you pour yourself into other creative pursuits. For me that's usually counted cross-stitch, scrapbooks or making cards. I spent the past weekend and mush of the week before dividing my time between Christmas cards and various cross-stitch projects.

I now have a third of my Christmas cards done, which is a good feeling considering I was still trying to get last year's done the week after Thanksgiving. I have stuff wrapped and ready to go to Norway already, too. Just need to address the envelope and print off some things I want to send along. And I have a slew of ornaments completed and one of the "larger" projects I do each year done. Now I'm dividing my time between two more of the larger projects and wondering where I stashed the leaflet for another. Probably refiled it during my big reorganization a couple months ago. *Sigh* Sometimes I'm almost too organized.

In lieu of any words of wisdom, I offer instead images of some of my recent endeavors. The first is of some of the mini Victorian ornaments I did. There are two each of the eight stockings. I still need to finish backing the other 34 from this kit, just wasn't up to playing with glue this past weekend. Considering how long I had this set, it feels good to finally have them all stitched.
The other three are from a "Winter" kit that originally contained four designs. I did the covered bridge back in 2001 for a friend, after our "Covered Bridge" tour through Eastern Ohio and Western Pennsylvania. We saw about 30 bridges during the course of a week, so that one was done for her to commerate the trip. The remaining three languished in my project box until I decided it was time to finish up old projects. They are going out in the mail to another friend before the end of the month.



4 comments:

Jana said...

Busy little bee, aren't ya! Those are so pretty. I never did get the hang of counted cross stitch. Mine always came out looking like a four year old had done it. *sigh* I've stuck to crocheting instead. Requires a lot less thought. hehehe

Heather said...

Thanks, Jana! I know a few people who crochet but never really got the hang of it myself. I'd love to learn how to knit, but all the local classes are so expensive! So...I primarily stick to counted x-stitch. So easy to get lost in a project, and something handmade to pass on to friends and family.

I started another for one of my sisters last night and am already half done. Some of the cat designs whip up fast, some take a little more time. This one is going quick. Which means plenty of time to finish other projects. hehe...

Maggie Nash said...

Which one is mine?

*vbg*

Heather said...

Hehe...which one do you want? Of course, I still have the circles and ovals - of completely different designs - to finish, now I have more craft glue. My project for this weekend...