Friday, November 13, 2009

The Games

I don't know about you, but I love the Olympics. Winter, Summer, makes no difference to me, I just love to watch. With the 2010 Vancouver games looming on the horizon, author Patricia McLinn is running a new promo for her 2006 release, THE GAMES. Check out her fun new Facebook site or read below for more information.


THE GAMES

Medals can be won, careers can be made and hearts can be lost in the sixteen days of the Winter Olympics.

Tess Rutledge, once an Olympic champion figure skater, returns to the Games as a coach, encountering her first love -- and only heartbreak – and testing her ability to forgive. Alpine skier Kyle Armstrong has made a terrible mistake that could cost her a shot at Olympic gold as well as any hope of reconciling with the man she loves. Biathlete Rikki Lodge thinks she's just happy to be at the Games, until she meets a hockey player who demands that she do what she’s never done before: put it all on the line.

In The Games, longtime sports journalist and best-selling novelist Patricia McLinn takes you inside the Winter Olympics. Patricia’s award-winning books have gained fans around the world. Of her most recent releases, Booklist said: “beautifully written, richly emotional love stories that are a joy to read.”

Let The Games begin!

THE GAMES
Patricia McLinn
ISBN: 0-9765185-1-1
Delphi Books / trade paperback
Publication date: December 2005
Read an Excerpt

Order a copy today



3 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

Have you read it? I consumed it in a night.

Heather said...

I'm jealous. You were able to read it in one night? I rarely finish a book the same day I start it.

Alice Audrey said...

Nor do I. Actually, it might have pushed into two nights, just because the beginning is a little slow, but yeah, it's a fast read. And I mean that in a complimentary way.