Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Bunnies n' Daffodils

More of this past weekend's card blitz...

I love this little bunny, purchased from Addicted to Rubber Stamps. I needed some new Easter images, the two Stampin' Up sets I own both being old and retired. Only so many years you can use the same images on cards, ya know? It's hard coming up with new ways to use them, and SU hasn't had an Easter set I like in years. Until this spring, anyway. There is a set I like in the new SU Spring Mini, available starting March 1, but no way could I get that Bunny Hugs set in time to make this year's Easter cards (especially since I just placed a huge order from the Winter Mini). So...I went in search of a few new stamps from ATRS and let me tell you -- that site is dangerous! Really. I could spend a cool thou there without even trying.

Without further ado, here are three different views of Bunny with Daffodils. It may be difficult to tell in the scan, but the image in the second card is popped up.

Stamps: Bunny with Daffodils (Northwoods Rubber Stamps), The Gifts of Spring (elegant greeting--SU), Happy Easter (Inky Antics)
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: White, Certainly Celery, Summer Sun, Perfect Plum (All SU); DCWV "Old World" paper stack (middle card); paper scraps
Accessories: Le Plume Markers (Marvy Uchida), Colored Pencils, Blender Pen, grosgrain ribbon





3 comments:

Jana said...

Calls to mind Peter Cottontail...which was my all time favorite story as a kid. Very nostalgic. Love 'em!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been over here in so long. Oy, looks like a lot has been happening and it'd take me all day to post a message on each one, so I'm just going to do a lanket one here and hope that this funk I've been in clears, as does some of the extra work put on me so that I can get over here more often.

First, thank you so much for the sympathy card. You make the prettiest/cutest/bestest cards evah! Seriously, I love looking at them and if you lived closer to me, I would pay you to make cards for me to give to other people. Seriously, Heather.

Second, love the bunnies and the hedgehogs and even the kitty.

Third, welcome to the bitch club. I think it's our age. '-) Seriously, though I think you reach a point in your life--I know I have--when being nice is overrated. When giving all the damned time and sacraficing yourself and WHO you stand for just to please everyone else has to go! Especially when it seems or feels like no one gives a damn if they hurt you--no one reciprocates or goes out of their way for YOU.

So, whoever called you a bitch, say thank you very much. Get used to it, because the winds of change are blowing. '-)

{{{Hugs}}}

Heather said...

Jana~ Peter Cottontail, huh? LOL Mine was "sophie and Gussie."

Rae~ Thank you so much for all of your comments. It's good to know I'm not the only bitch. *WEG* Hope the work load lightens up for you soon!