Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Striped Birthday Wishes

Here's a quick card inspired by the recent Paper Crafts' special pubplication, Cards, Gifts, & More. I love that you can make up a bunch of similar cards using this easy layout idea -- though I had to scramble for the brads. The magazine sample used buttons, but...they are all packed away...somewhere. Thankfully, though, I was able to get to some of my brads. Yay! The tool I am missing most right now? My hole piercer. I had to improvise and use a push pin to punch holes in the paper strips for the jumbo brads. Ugh! Card-making materials will be among the first things I unpack once we finally move--maybe even before any of my books! The birthday greeting is from Savvy Stamps; Paper is all DCWV.




5 comments:

Nina said...

I really like this card! Simple and stylish. I tried making a very elaborate card a couple of days ago and it turned out so horrible I didn't have any inspiration until now. Thanks Heather!

Btw... a sharp knife does the trick for me when attaching brads. I could not live without my scalpel. That is probably the one tool I use the most except for the scissors.

Nina

Heather said...

Thanks, Nina - happy to provide you some inspiration! As for the knife...consider to whom you are talking. Trust me--my hole piercer (and the push pin) are much safer. ;)

Nina said...

Ah yes. Sorry about that. Even I managed to slice off piece of finger with that scalpel. You on the other hand can inflict much more damage to yourself with such an item. I wonder if I ought to get you one of those kiddie scissors that can only cut paper...

Nina

Heather said...

Hey! I'm not quite THAT bad!
:-P~~~~

Nina said...

Really? :)

Btw, tomorrow (my time) will learn how to upload pics of my creations to my blog. I'll have to scan some first though. But I am learning.

Nina