Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Teaser Tuesday 18: Catching Fire


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read.
* Open to a random page.
* Share at least two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!


I've decided I'm going to be a rebel this week and post not one, but two excerpts from the same book, since I can't seem to choose between those I marked. I spent the past week reading The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, which means I have a long seven month stretch ahead of me before book three comes out in August. (Whimper) There have been a lot of excerpts and reviews on book one, so here's a little taste of book two.



I don't know how I dare to say the next words, but I do. "It must be very fragile, if a handful of berries can bring it down."
(page 22)


At some point, you have to stop running and turn around and face whoever wants you dead. The hard thing is finding the courage to do it.
(page118)






11 comments:

Kaye said...

I'm probably the last person on the planet who hasn't read this book so I wonder what "it" is that could be brought down so easily. My teaser is here

Harvee said...

Nice teaser. I haven't read the book either.
Teaser: The Cuban Chronicles

Heather said...

Kaye ~ Hehe...I guess you'll finally have to cave as I did and read the series, won't you? *WEG*

Book ~ Thank you. I admit, I only read them because The Hunger Games was chosen as a group read for this month at Goodread.com. I was not disappointed.

Alice Audrey said...

You got me with the handful of berries.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Yes another convert!! http://web.me.com/bluestocking_bb/The_Bluestocking_Guide/Book_Reviews/Entries/2010/1/19_Tuesday_Teaser_72.html

April said...

Great teasers!! I haven't read this one yet, but am anxious to! You can ck out my teaser here if you like:

http://cafeofdreams.blogspot.com/2010/01/teaser-tuesday_19.html

Susan said...

I'm still not sure about this series... Maybe when they all come out, I'll read them.

My teaser this week is creepy but funny! Here's a link.

Nise' said...

Great series and like you I don't like waiting for the third book.

jlshall said...

Haven't read either of these, but I know they're very popular. Interesting teasers! I posted two teasers from one book, too.
Here's mine.

Heather said...

Alice ~ Intrigued are we? *WEG*

Brooke ~ Gee, I wonder who has posted excerpts from this series on her own blog? LOL

April ~ Thanks, I hope you will give them a try!

Susan ~ I admit, I was reluctant to read them as well, but am glad I did.

Nise' ~ That is the one downside of series or related books, isn't it? *sigh*

jlshall ~ Two teasers...great minds think alike!

Alayne said...

Nice teasers. I feel like the only blogger in the world who hasn't read these ones yet!
Alayne - The Crowded Leaf.