Sunday, December 30, 2012

A few Final Christmas Cards for 2012


Before we say goodbye to 2012, I thought I'd share a few last cards for this year . . .


The first was my friend KM's card for this year. Every year she says she wants to do something a bit simpler, then comes up with another time-intensive card. First she had to emboss the purple panel using her Sizzix Big Shot. Then the candy cane was die cut on her Cricut machine, and all the little holes had to be punched out of the red so the white would show through. Then the red had to be mounted on top the white, and the white on top the purple. Trust me, it was a lot more work than it looks. I usually receive a few handmade cards, but this was the only one for 2012.



And here are a couple one-offs created by moi . . .














I'm waffling over whether to commit to a "100 cards in 100 days" challenge at SCS, which starts January 1st. You do not have to make one card a day, but can do several in one sitting. Looking at the calendar, there are fourteen weekends during those 100 days. Which averages out to seven or eight cards per weekend -- totally doable. Wait . . . better make that ten to twelve cards a weekend, as our annual Ladies' Night and my birthday fall during that time frame -- which reduces it down to twelve viable weekends.

Cards can be for any holiday or occasion. Valentine's Day and Easter are both coming up, and I always need birthday cards, so this would be a good time to beef up my stock. Also, I have a shoe box full of paper scraps that need to be used up -- plus a couple stamping friends each sent a box of paper scraps home with KM for us to share. So whether I am home or at her house during those fourteen twelve weekends, there would be plenty of scraps to use. Plus, stamping at her house means using stamp sets I do not have. It's nice to play with something new or different once in a while!

Will have to think about this over the weekend . . .





3 comments:

Jana said...

All of those are so pretty.

Good luck with the 100 card challenge. You know you've got it handled. ;-)

Heather said...

Thanks, Jana! I made somewhere between 60 and 70 last weekend as part of a friend's Christmas present so, yeah... If I make it a priority, I think I can handle 100 in 100 days. I'll have to upload some of those I did for Manda.

Alice Audrey said...

I like the first one-off a lot.