Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Thursday Thirteen 323: Authors/Series to Catch up On



March is National Reading Month, so I thought I'd share thirteen authors whose books have been languishing far too long in Mount TBR and need to be caught up on . . .




1. Nora Roberts -- I've just caught up on two of her trilogies, but there are other series and single title books awaiting my attention. Like an entire bin full. Not kidding. That does not include the books under her J.D. Robb persona, none of which I have read. I have enough to catch up on without adding those into the mix.

2. Toni Blake -- I have a few of her single title books to catch up on, under both her TB and Lacey Alexander personas -- including the two most recent "Destiny" novels. I had difficulty finding book five in the "Destiny" series locally, and I don't like reading series out of order. Meanwhile, I've seen book six everywhere. Anyway, I didn't buy it online last fall, as there was a chance it might show up for Christmas. Which, of course, it didn't, so then I decided to wait until after the birthday. Turns out that was a good move. *G*



3. Catherine Coulter -- I started reading her FBI series but have fallen way behind. I also have older romance titles in Mount TBR that I never got round to.

4. Elizabeth Lowell -- Both series and single title books, romance and suspense.

5. Iris Johansen -- Eve Duncan series, as well as a couple single titles.



6. Lisa Scottoline -- I have two or three (okay, maybe four) books of hers to catch up on, including a Rosato & Associates.



7. Jordan Dane -- I started two different series of hers, have the rest of both in Mount TBR, but have yet to get back to them.

8. Deanna Raybourn -- I read the first two Lady Julia Grey books, but the next two have sat untouched in Mount TBR for more than a year now. Oops.

9. Lisa Gardner -- I read several by her a few years back, still have several moldering in Mount TBR, and wouldn't you know her most recent one sounds really good.

10. Johanna Lindsey -- I did a major catch-up on her books a few years ago (fourteen read over one year), but still have several more in Mount TBR. Doesn't help that a few more have come out since my catch-up.



11. Kay Hooper -- I've kept up with her Bishop series (though I do have the most recent one to read), but have several earlier books to catch up on.

12. Elizabeth Berg -- I have several older books, as well as one or two more recent titles, somewhere in Mount TBR. I'm not even going to think of those I've yet to lay hands on, such as one due out later this year.

13. Carla Neggers -- This is actually a new-to-me author, but I've managed to acquire a lot of her backlist via Half Price Books and the monthly library used book sale. Sigh . . . now to catch up!


What about you? Is there an author whose books you'd like to catch up on? A series in which you've fallen behind?



LINKING TO: Thursday Thirteen








12 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

I've just listened to my first Lisa Gardner book on audio, which I loved. I need to read/listen to more of her books. I'm also listening to the JD Robb books on audio. The narrator is excellent.

Paige Tyler said...

Johanna Lindsey is my favorite!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com

Colleen@Looseleafnotes said...

The last time I read a whole series was via Medicine Woman by Lynn Andrews and Clan of the Cavebear.

Heather said...

Shelley: Ah, so you understand why I need to get back to Gardner's books. I can't listen to audio books. I end up missing more than half the book as my mind wanders or they put me to sleep.

Heather said...

Paige: Lindsey is an excellent writer, isn't she? She has kept me up late many a night. ☺

Heather said...

Colleen: Ah, Jean M. Aeul's "Earth's Children" series. I read the first three one summer after high school, and there was quite the feeling of recognition when I read The Mammoth Hunters. I visited an Iron Age farm in Norway with dwellings like those described in that book. Still haven't read the most recent book out in that series, either.

Alice Audrey said...

I feel a sudden urge to expand my TBR pile

Heather said...

Alice: ROFL... Am I that bad an influence? :-D

CountryDew said...

I am familiar with about half of those authors. Berg disappointed me with one of her books and I never went back.

Heather said...

Anita: I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it was Dream When You're Feeling Blue. Am I right? At an author talk I attended a few years back, she said she received a lot of "hate" mail about the ending of that one. While I didn't hate it, I did have mixed feelings about that one myself.

Jennifer Leeland said...

I was reading the Walt Longmire series by Craig Johnson and fell WAY behind. That's one I have to catch up on.

Heather said...

Jennifer: I haven't read those, or seen the TV series, but a friend loves the TV series.