Saturday, November 04, 2006

Ho Ho Holidays

Spent the other night working on a bunch of cards to add to the troop stash, which is now up to 135. I hope to have at least 150 by end of the week so I can get them off to Sue, and she in turn can get them sent out so troops have plenty of time to send them back home to friends and family. Here are a few of my faves from that night's efforts:


No stamping on this one. Paper is from Hot Off The Press, "peace" is a sticker, tree is a cardstock tag by HOTP.



I started this one by stamping French Script on a piece of blue paper from HOTP, layered a bit of green by the same company and narrow strip of red grograin ribbon for a bit of color. Tree is a cardstock tag, also by HOTP, layered on a scrap of real red from SU and adhered with a snowflake brad.


This last one was done for this week's sketch challenge at SCS, SC96. The tag is from Ho Ho Holidays (retired, SU) and was a tag received in a Santa card swap last month. It also uses a greeting from Small Script (SU). Star on background is from Holiday Tag Team and was stamped with Versamark. A scrap of green patterned paper from HOTP was used for the reverse side folded up.

I know I said some time ago I would try to type up notes from the Wis Book fest, but as you may have guessed, I haven't gotten to them. What can I say, I've been busy! My mother is home from hospital/rehab and still needs some extra help getting around, plus there's work and my commitment to getting Christmas cards out to those who don't have the option of walking into a Hallmark. And, well - I've just been plain tired! Soon, I promise....


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had as much talent as you do in creating these cards. Oh, and the time.

The kids and I loved our halloween one. You know, I save all of the cards you make and send? I cleaned my dreaded pit known as my bedroom this weekend and found a bunch of them in a shoe box. I deposited them back into the shoebox and put them on the top shelf of my closet.

I just wanted to let you know that all your work is not done in vain.

xoxo

Rae

Heather said...

Thanks, Rae! I'm so glad you and the kids enjoy receiving my cards. You really know how to make a person's day! *BG*

Jana said...

Ditto on all the ones you've sent me. I keep them with all my special notes and letters. :-)

Heather said...

Aw, shucks...thanks Jana! :)