Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #16: Things On My Desk


I'll admit it--this week has stumped me. I tried writing several different TTS, but nothing seemed to gel. So...I'm picking an easy one from the official TT idea list, and one that many have done before:

13 Things On My Desk

1. Printer. It won't fit on the file cabinet next to or shelf under, so it takes up an entire corner of my desk top.

2. Letter organizer--so I can pretend to be organized and maybe even pay bills on time. Also contains address labels, stamps, pens, and calculator.

3. Stack of cards ready to go out in tomorrow's mail. Who they're for I'll never tell... *WEG*

4. Mary Engelbreit page-a-day calender (the same one I quoted from a few weeks ago.)

5. Gold Fish Pretzels--I need to stop eating these things and put them away!

6. Bag of Brach's Chocolate Malts (a rare indulgence). Again--need to stop eating and put them away!

7. Picture disks to upload to the computer for sharing and future blogging.

8. Bottle of water.

9. Bottle of Vitamin C.

10. Schedule of Summerfest headliners--not going this year, but was just looking to see who I'd want to see if I was going. Answer: John Mayer, REO Speedwagon, Bon Jovi, Los Lonely Boys, B.B. King, Heart, INXS...

11. Writing books: The Right to Write...Bird By Bird...Escaping Into the Open...The Pocket Muse...Eats, Shoots and Leaves...the Dictionary--and a few others within easy reach for reference or inspiration.

12. A picture of my kitty. Two of 'em actually.

13. Pearberry B&BW lotion and Chocolate Chunk Brownie home fragrance spray--two very yummy scents!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. RG 2. Elle 3. Gina 4. Shelley 5. Laura
6. JAC 7. Adelle 8. Robin 9. Rhonda
10. Jennifer Shirk 11. Debbie 12. Jennifer McK
13. Lia 14. MG 15. Crystal 16. Jenna 17. Kissa
18. Amelia 19. Angeleque 20. Kate
21. Loribelle 22. Tempest 23. Paige 24. Stephanie
25. Marguerite 26. Ember Case


(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your desk sounds very orderly. Mine is covered with piles of paper that seem to move around the desk but never disappear. I've heard the Eats shoots and leaves is a great book. I've been meaning to pick up a copy.

http://shelleymunro.bravejournal.com/

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

What? No scrap paper?! No tape measure? Broken hair clips? How can you work in such order? LOL!

Love your kitty--looked a lot like my late Lady Guinevere.

Happy TT!

Jennifer Shirk said...

That's not too bad. I've got notes all over, two Webkinz, pictures my daughter draws and leaves in front of me and two cups of coffee (one from yesterday and one today) LOL!

Molly McLain said...

Hey, Heather...You've been tagged! Check out my blog (but give me a few to actually put my 8 things on it, okay:) )

www.sallykalkofen.blogspot.com

Sally aka Sassa

Unknown said...

Thanks, now I have to go out and pick up some goldfish pretzels, lol

http://adellelaudan.blogspot.com

Adelle

Debbie Mumford said...

*snort* I don't HAVE a desk, so I won't be doing this one! I write on a lapboard in my recliner ... deacadent, I know, but, oh, so comfortable!

http://debbie-mumford.blogspot.com/

Jennifer McKenzie said...

I love the book "Bird by Bird". My desk is a MESS!!! I'm jealous of the goodies you keep on yours.

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

My desk is chaos-I envy you.

Paige Tyler said...

Oooh, I like Goldfish Crackers! Though I'm waiting for them to come out in the 100-calorie packs!

Great list!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Tempest Knight said...

My computer takes 3/4 of my desk so I have nothing else but. Heh!

Amelia June said...

mmm, brownie spray. I'm thinking I'd be hungry all the time, though :)

And goldfish pretzels are yummy, too!

Elle Fredrix said...

Hmm, chocolate malts!

Looking at my desk. Anybody remember the Gap Band? "You dropped a bomb on me..."

KateS said...

I lurve orderly desks.

Mine doesn't stay that way often, but I love the look of it when it does.

http://greatscotts.wordpress.com

P. Robinson said...

You are prepared for every situation. Good for you!

Heather said...

Shelley~ It's not usually all that messy, but I did clear it off last weekend. All the important papers and little notes that were once piled on the desk are now in the catch-all basket atop the file cabinet. They'll get sorted/filed properly eventually.

Gina~ LOL, there are post-its in the little mouse tray caddy--does that count? Also a to-do list hanging on the wall next to the desk, and a notepad on the file cabinet. But nope...no scrap paper on the actual desk. For the moment. ;) Thanks for the comment on my kitty!

(And the tape measure is in the tool kit where it belongs. I know, I know...I actually put things back where they belong! LOL)

Heather said...

Jennifer~ The desk at work is usually much worse--partly because other people have a habit of loading every surface, including the keyboard, with stuff they deem important (and which I, naturally, usually do not, lol).

Sally~ Ha! Already been tagged on that by Babe and have been trying to come up with that many things about me. I'm stalled at 6.

Adelle~ Hehe...aren't they addictive? *WEG*

Heather said...

Debbie~ No desk?! Where do you keep...stuff?

Jennifer McK~ The goodies aren't a common occurence. Okay, so there's usually chocolate somewhere nearby, but the Brach's was a rare treat, mostly 'cause they're so darn hard to find anymore.

RG~ Why am I not surprised that chaos reigns supreme over your desk? *Snicker*

Heather said...

Paige~ Heh...at least they're baked not fried. ;)

Tempest~ I used to know that pain--and then I got a flat screen monitor. Plus my desk has an attached hutch for books and such. I used to have the old print on the top of it, but the new one doesn't fit as well.

Heather said...

Thanks Kate~ I prefer an orderly desk as well. It does occasionally get away from me (see me around Christmas!), but I try not to let it get too out of hand.

Kissa~ Pretty much prepared anyway. Ya never know when you might need something. ;)

Elle~ ROFL...that bad, huh?

Amelia~ It does smell good. I've tried to find more but they don't seem to make it anymore. Bummer!

Babe King said...

Yay, Heather. You did the tag. :-)
and glad someone has a tidy desk. I LOVE my desk. It is an old postman's desk, over 100 yrs old. Takes six men and donkey to move it, which is just as well as it is a junk magnet. All good clean, tidy junk, since I'm an allergy person and have to damp dust every day, but there sure is a lot of stuff there. :-)az

Shari said...

I'm tagging you! sharistraight.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Sorry! Babe and Sally beatcha to it -- see post before this one. ;)